Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Spice of Life

I cleaned out my spice cupboard today. I know...the rest of my house is in such a state, and you're thinking, "She cleaned out her SPICE cupboard." I can smile at that because I am making progress in a way that works for ME. And as far as getting things done...what order, how slow, etc., I just don't care what other people think. Well, mostly.

Anyway, the spice cupboard wasn't planned. I was pulling out some seasoning to use on my chicken in the slow cooker (that's another thing...I've used my slow cooker twice in the last three days because the counters and the cooker are clean and ready to use!), when I pulled out a couple things to search for what I was looking for, I saw the shelf and thought, "EWW!" The spice cupboard is next to the stove, so everything was pretty much covered in grease and grodies. So...out comes the all-purpose cleaner, a rag, and paper towels. I found two things of nutmeg, allspice, dill, Italian seasoning, and a few others, three things of cream of tartar (good grief!), and a few things I didn't know I had nor even how to use them. Threw most of it away. Some, almost new...full... I hate to waste and am looking for a good home, but trust me, I won't look more than a day or two before pitching it all!

Now, I can shift things around and find spices without dumping half of them on the counter due to lack of room.

Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment