Monday, October 11, 2010

Delight in the Fall

The leaves were especially beautiful today. Even my daughter commented that the view from her school (it overlooks a state park and a lake) was especially pretty with the leaves today.

Today was an incredibly busy day (quick rundown...work, daughter had home game, son had away game, I had to ref, hubby had to work second PT job...!), and in order to get everything accomplished, I, of course, had to do a lot of driving. Usually I get tired of driving around so much, but today, where I had to go took me through some really pretty areas with leaves that were bright red, deep gold, and a rich orange in colors. Some of them took my breath away...just gorgeous! I was thinking about how much I love fall and how I was looking forward to decorating for it next year (see my post a couple weeks ago about that), when I realized how my decorations are so pale in comparison to God's natural beauty outside and all around. A friend of my family's said that autumn is like God painting in slow motion. What a beautiful way to think of fall!

It really lifted my spirits to be out and about in such beauty.

Coming home to a relatively clean house (big parts of it, anyway) certainly helped too. We didn't have time for anything but defending our currently clean areas, but I knew that going into today, so I felt pretty good about it. Our schedules aren't going to settle down for some time, so we have to be able to go with the flow. Maintaining is such progress for us! Knowing that we can do that much on a day like today means a lot to me. It means that when we do reach the stage where most of the house is clean most of the time, we WILL be able to keep up with it.

Another busy day tomorrow...not as busy as today, but still busy. Then, the kids get a couple days off of school. Hopefully we can make some progress over those days.

I love Jesus. I love my family. I like my job. I love my hubby. I am starting to believe I could maybe have that abundant life Jesus promised that has always felt so out-of-reach for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment