Saturday, October 2, 2010

Popping zits and tempers

I haven't posted for a little while. I've wanted to, but I've been crazy busy, mostly with work. I don't have access to a computer most days at work, which is a real pain, but I'm not here to talk about that, so before I get off on that tagent...

You know the zit that you love to pop...the one with a head as white as your teeth...the one that you barely squeeze and it spurts onto the mirror...? Gotta love those. Well, unfortunately, that's how I was with my temper the other day. I think the majority of it was dealing with the kids' attitudes recently. I had HAD it! I was tired of the arguing, the eye rolls, the sighs, the stomping, and even some passive aggressive behavior from both of them. So, I was a crab, and I felt absolutely ready to POP! My spirit was stretched to the limit. Even my husband was trying to calm me down (until he heard about what I had been dealing with, and then he sat the kids down and had a "talk" with them). I hate being like that, and once hubby called me on the carpet for it, I diffused pretty quickly. We survived the evening, but I can't say that it will be added to our list of Hallmark memories.

I apologized to the kids the next day, and I have noticed a difference, especially in my daughter. I saw a quote from someone that made me laugh out loud and lighten my mood considerably... "Ah, family...can't live with them. Not enough space to bury the dead bodies...!"

I got a few groceries today, and how nice it was to have counters cleaned off to put them on when unloading the car. We got them put away right away and still have those clean counters! :) I also was able to fold laundry on my clean kitchen table. Got that put away quickly too.

Hubby painted the other side of the basement with Kilz. That's where the dog (and cats) have been the WORST with relieving themselves. Can't tell you how much better it smells down here. *Doing the major happy dance!!!* Now, we have to remember to keep that door closed so they don't start reusing it. UGH!

I am in the process of putting Christmas stuff into plastic totes rather than boxes. It really does feel good to get some of this stuff done. Yay!!!!

Inch by inch...

No comments:

Post a Comment