Monday, October 18, 2010

Still working...

There are still so many areas that need work, but to have the house presentable so that I'm not embarrassed when someone comes is HUGE! Let's see....some areas that still need work:
  • The microwave! Is it just me, or is this one of the quickest areas to get so very icky?! And while small, it's not the easiest thing in the world to clean. I hate cleaning it out. And the area around it gets pretty nasty, too.
  • The kitchen cupboards need a good spring cleaning (too bad it's fall...guess those will have to wait a while! -- kidding, kidding, really.)
  • The laundry room and pantry (they are connected). I have not been doing a great job with defending it from when dd cleaned it a couple weeks ago. They are small areas, and one litterbox is in there. So between the smell and the clutter, it's not easy to keep up with.
  • The dining room table and our new desk. The table had been serving as a desk for quite a while, so I'm trying to get the mounds of paperwork sorted and onto on in the new desk area. I have some pretty good motivation here as we downsized to a smaller table for our dining room, but I have to get the older bigger one cleaned off before we can move the new smaller one in. I like this new one. It's new to us. We got it off of craigslist. We are going to sell our old one. I'm anxious to get rid of it and get the new one in there, so I've been puttering away at the paperwork the past few days.
  • My son's room!! I don't even want to think about this one. His room is as bad as the entire rest of the house was when we started this journey. We have been trying to encourage him to do what we've done and find an area to clean and defend, but no results as of yet. We're going to just have to force that issue, but I am SO not ready for that yet. We'll get there. At least I can close the door to company for now.
  • Get clothes put away from the living room into my closet. I should be able to do this today if I remember to pick up hangers at my mom's house. She told me she has hangers galore that she can give me...yay!
  • Our basement still needs some work, although right now it probably looks like a lot of normal basements look....clutter, unfinished projects, and my craft corner that needs a lot of work.
  • Our garage needs a lot of work, but that would be hubby's project. We have gotten a lot out of there, including a lot of garbage and trash that had been piling up...but there is still a LOT to be done!

There are others I'm probably missing right now, but that's certainly enough. Most of these areas are "hidden," so I'm going to make sure that I'm defending the current areas before moving on, and I'll probably take my time, as I already find the daily maintenance a good bit harder to keep up with now since we got all the main areas done. Back to work now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment